SkyeTek’s Professional Services Team provides the following services to assist our customers in integrating RFID into their organization and product lines. Most services are provided remotely, with communication via email and phone (training is typically provided on site); all communication is conducted under NDA to protect our customer’s intellectual property and privacy. On-site support can be arranged at the customer’s request.
As a Web Service MetaFi offers simple and immediate setup. SkyeTek helps organizations seeking to implement MetaFi with comprehensive advisory for tag and hardware selection, custom business reports and legacy adaptors to ensure maximum ROI for their MetaFi investment. Capabilities include:
- Tag & Hardware selection
- Business process design
- Custom development for legacy system integration
- Initial hardware configuration and administration
- Custom business analytics
For organizations seeking to embed RFID directly into their products the SkyeTek Professional Services Team offers various design and integration services to guarantee quick and successfull RFID enabled products. Capabilities include:
- Requirements Gathering
- Tag Selection
- Environment Analysis
- Module Intagration
- Antenna Design
- Regulatory Compliance
Customized group and hands-on training to familiarize your organization on RFID technology, our products, and RFID design considerations.
SkyeTek’s Professional Services Team provides the following services to assist our customers in integrating RFID capability into their products and infrastructure. Most services are provided remotely, with communication via email and phone (training is typically provided on site); all communication is conducted under NDA to protect our customer’s intellectual property and privacy. On-site support can be arranged at the customer’s request.
- Embedded RFID feasibility analysis: The first step in RFID integration, SpringBoard™ is a fixed price one-week review where SkyeTek engineers will examine requirements, documentation, current products/prototypes, and produce a recommendations document concerning the feasibility of integrating RFID while meeting the relevant design goals such as cost, form factor, and performance. This review is an invaluable precursor to a larger-scale engagement comprised of any one or several of the services detailed below. Regardless of vendor selection, the customer may keep and enact any recommendations.
- Tag Selection – SkyeTek compares customer requirements against tag specifications such as protocol, size, cost, availability, read range, memory capacity, and security features, while drawing upon experience with multiple silicon and inlay manufacturers to select the most suitable tags for the targeted application.
- Finished Product Selection – SkyeTek assists in the selection of off-the-shelf finished products in support of the customers’ embedded RFID program goals. In cases where a finished reader is required, SkyeTek can introduce a rich network of finished reader manufacturers.
- Tag Provisioning – Once customers select tags for their application, they must then select the appropriate printers to encode and provision those tags. In addition to supporting tags from any printer, SkyeTek has partnered with printer providers to support custom printing requirements for specific, higher security applications.
- Module Integration – Having provided assistance for 100+ production customers in a variety of applications, SkyeTek’s Professional Services Group has developed the breadth of experience needed to minimize RFID integration issues. Module-level integration assistance includes:
- Mechanical – provide installation and location support for readers, cabling, and antennas.
- Electrical – assist linking host system including power, communications and GPIO with RFID subsystem.
- Software - determine how best to integrate host software with the RFID subsystem
- RF – make recommendations on product design that enhance performance of RFID subsystem
- Antenna Consulting - SkyeTek will select off-the-shelf antennas and tune them or, if required, design an application-specific antenna. SkyeTek’s works with a wide-range of material types (Polyimide, FR4, Ceramics, etc.), antenna approaches (fractal, dipole, microstrip, patch), and frequencies (HF, UHF, Inductive UHF) to provide manufacturers with optimal antenna solutions.
- Regulatory Certification –SkyeTek consultants provide advice and guidance to customers as their products incorporating SkyeTek technology pass through radio and security certifications, such as FCC Part15 and ETSI. SkyeTek can also assist with industry specific certifications, such as Consumer Electronics Product Certifications, Contactless Payment certifications, and Medical/FDA Certifications. Customers receive a 25% discount on all such consulting when they utilize a SkyeTek approved test facility.
- Security Consulting and Review – Many RFID-based systems require adherence to governmental or commercial security requirements, or may be prone to specific security threats (e.g. Product Counterfeiting). SkyeTek’s experienced security consultants can conduct a security review, pointing out and evaluating the likelihood of potential threats, and recommend technical or process solutions to address them.
- Licensed Manufacturing Support – Several SkyeTek customers already take advantage of a unique offering – the ability to license SkyeTek hardware designs, customize them for integration into a custom system, and manufacture them at cost. While SkyeTek hardware is designed from the outset with this in mind, the professional services group also provides focused consulting support around key issues that can arise in this type of deployment:
- Process – leveraging “lessons learned” from the manufacturing process in conjunction with your CM, EDM, or ODM to minimize fall out. This can include recommending manufacturing test procedures and test station design.
- Customization – assisting in customizing hardware designs for different geometries and form factors, including alternative part selection.
- First Article Review – testing initial production lots of devices (or when significant revisions are made) using test suites and standards to provide confidence that the licensed design is meeting both parties’ expectations.
- Network Integration – SkyeTek completes the RFID integration process by ensuring that SkyeTek and third-party readers, sensors and other edge devices are connected to an End-user Organization’s network. SkyeTek designs and implements networks using multiple topologies and protocols including WiFi (802.11), Zigbee and Ethernet. A rich bench of networking partners ensures all necessary hardware to connect readers and complete the system.
- Software Customization – SkyeTek Professional Services offers software customization support for deeper integration of the RFID subsystem into customer-defined environments. Custom software can be developed for use on the reader (including pre-set autonomous operation, integration with attached actuators, sensors or indicators, or customized tag adapt filtering) or on existing systems (such as custom interfacing of the reader to your or third party applications).
- Hardware Customization – SkyeTek’s Professional Services Group has the capability to provide turn-key custom circuit boards and finished readers.
- Custom Reader Boards – SkyeTek works with existing designs to integrate readers and circuitry on shared boards or develop board encapsulating antenna, multiplexer and reader.
- Finished Reader Design – SkyeTek will design and develop SkyeModule-based finished readers in form-factors such as portals, access control points, payment terminals, etc in line with customer applications.
"SkyeTek’s truly horizontal approach to reader technology, the depth of their development experience and the richness of their development platform allowed us to rapidly move from concept, through pilot, to deployment." - Marco Rossi, IT Manager, Tiomed